** EXTENDED TO MAY 15, 2020! **
Thank you for your interest in submitting a proposal for the 2020 Conference on Educational Leadership to be held in Dallas, Texas! We hope that you join us as we explore this year’s theme: Leading for the Whole Child.
ASCD is looking for session proposals that support education leaders as they work to improve student achievement, support the growth of the educators they work with, and strengthen school culture and climate.
Sessions should focus on any of the following:
Building educator capacity to improve student outcomes through instructional leadership and coaching.
Improving school outcomes by developing educational leadership pipelines.
Advocating for and implementing systems and structures to support transient, migrant, and emergent multilingual/ELL students and families.
Implementing social and emotional learning opportunities and programs throughout schools and districts.
Ensuring inclusive and equitable learning environments for all students and staff.
Recognizing and addressing compassion fatigue and burnout in educators to improve staff retention and health and reduce anxiety and stress.
Adopting trauma-informed practices that foster resiliency among staff and students.
Developing cultural competency among staff and students and helping them to understand implicit bias.
Strengthening connections among students and with families and community.
Breakout sessions at this conference will be a mixture of 60-minute and 90-minute sessions.
To create and submit your proposal, you will need to complete the following steps. Proposal Submission Information.
IMPORTANT DETAILS AND CONSIDERATIONS
· Sessions will be scheduled Friday, October 23, Saturday, October 24, or Sunday, October 25.
· Sales pitches for products or services disguised as proposals will not be evaluated. Content perceived as commercial is not acceptable.
· ASCD requests permission to rebroadcast speaker image and printed materials in connection with the 2020 conference. Presenters maintain presentation content copyrights and will be asked to complete the mandatory “Participation Agreement” in the submission portal.
· All accepted presentations must adhere to the established deadlines.
· Presenters will receive a complimentary registration to the ASCD 2020 Conference on Educational Leadership.
· Travel expenses and any additional fees are the responsibility of the presenter(s).
Call for Proposals Portal Closes: May 15, 2020
Speaker Accepted Invitations: June 1, 2020
Speaker Agreements Due: June 15, 2020
Conference Dates: October 23-25, 2020
Please contact the ASCD Programming Team at email@example.com with any questions.
Back to Top