Welcome to the 2024 APA Annual Meeting Submission Site!
The 2024 Annual Meeting submission site is now closed to all submissions. To view the status of a submission, please visit the Abstract Service Center.
The theme for the 2024 APA Annual Meeting is "Confronting Addiction from Prevention to Recovery.
” The Scientific Program Committee encourages all submitters to keep this theme in mind while crafting their submissions.
- The submission form will close promptly at 5:00 p.m. ET; no submissions will be allowed after this time
- All presenters/co-authors must attest to their participation in the proposal
- A single presenter/co-author cannot be listed on more than 5 submissions of any type, including a maximum of 2 posters—additional submissions beyond this limit may be rejected
- A general session cannot have more than 1 chair and 3 presenters—if the session chair is also presenting, they must also be added as a presenter
- A poster cannot have more than 1 presenter and 4 co-authors
- Poster proposals must include results to be considered
- Resident and medical student proposals must be reviewed by a faculty mentor prior to submission
- All presenters attending the meeting must agree to pay the appropriate speaker registration fee
- If your submission is the product of an APA component or affiliate organization, verification of this designation will be required
- NEW: All submissions, except posters, must include three self-assessment questions—sample self-assessment questions can be found here.
- All sessions, except for courses, are 90 minutes
- An agenda is required for all submissions, except posters
- References are required for all submissions
- Please note: Your submission will not be sent to grading by the Scientific Program Committee until all co-presenters/co-authors have completed their financial disclosure forms.
You will use your my.psychiatry.org username and password to log into the submission site. If you do not yet have a my.psychiatry.org account, you can create one here
. During the submission process, you will be asked to complete the following agreements:
- Financial Disclosure
- Presenter Release
- Registration Acknowledgment
Any co-presenters/co-authors on your submission will also need to have an active my.psychiatry.org account before you can add them to your proposal.
Important information for a successful submission:
To begin, click on the submission type below.
- The submitted abstract(s) will be graded for the 2024 APA Annual Meeting, May 4-8, 2024, in New York, NY.
- For guidelines and examples of abstracts, please click here.
- Acceptable browsers: Windows and MAC PCs: Google Chrome, Safari, Mozilla Firefox, Opera. Other browsers, including Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge, may be incompatible.
- Only the director or chair of a submission (or the poster presenter for a poster submission) will be able to submit. If you are submitting on behalf of the session director or chair, you will need to obtain his or her login credentials.
- Email correspondence with the Office of Scientific Programs will come from email@example.com. Please ensure that you are able to receive emails from this address before submitting your proposal.
- We cannot accommodate requests to schedule your session at a particular date/time.