Welcome to the 2023 APA Annual Meeting Submission Site!
“Innovate, Collaborate, Motivate”
Charting the Future of Mental Health
The 2023 Annual Meeting submission site is currently open to new submissions of general sessions, courses, and posters. The site will close on Friday, September 9, 2022, at 5:00 p.m. ET
The theme for the 2023 APA Annual Meeting is “Innovate, Collaborate, Motivate: Charting the Future of Mental Health
.” The Scientific Program Committee encourages all submitters to keep this theme in mind while crafting their submissions.
- The submission form will close promptly at 5:00 p.m. ET; no submissions will be allowed after this time
- All presenters/co-authors must attest to their participation in the proposal
- A single presenter/co-author cannot be listed on more than 5 submissions of any type, including a maximum of 2 posters—additional submissions beyond this limit may be rejected
- A general session cannot have more than 1 chair and 3 presenters—if the session chair is also presenting, they must also be added as a presenter
- A poster cannot have more than 1 presenter and 4 co-authors
- Poster proposals must include results to be considered
- Resident and medical student proposals must be reviewed by a faculty mentor prior to submission
- All presenters attending the meeting must agree to pay the appropriate speaker registration fee
- NEW: All submissions must include three self-assessment questions—sample self-assessment questions can be found here.
- If your submission is the product of an APA component or affiliate organization, verification of this designation will be required
- All sessions, except for courses, are 90 minutes
- An agenda is required for all submissions, except posters
- References are required for all submissions
- Please note: Your submission will not be sent to grading by the Scientific Program Committee until all co-presenters/co-authors have completed their financial disclosure forms.
You will use your my.psychiatry.org username and password to log into the submission site. If you do not yet have a my.psychiatry.org account, you can create one here
. During the submission process, you will be asked to complete the following agreements:
- Financial Disclosure
- Presenter Release
- Registration Acknowledgement
Any co-presenters/co-authors on your submission will also need to have an active my.psychiatry.org account before you can add them to your proposal.
Important information for a successful submission:
To begin, click on the submission type below.
- The submitted abstract(s) will be graded for the 2023 APA Annual Meeting, May 20-24, 2023, in San Francisco, CA.
- For guidelines and examples of abstracts, please click here.
- Acceptable browsers: Windows and MAC PCs: Google Chrome, Safari, Mozilla Firefox, Opera. Other browsers, including Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge, may be incompatible.
- Only the director or chair of a submission (or the poster presenter for a poster submission) will be able to submit. If you are submitting on behalf of the session director or chair, you will need to obtain his or her login credentials.
- Email correspondence with the Office of Scientific Programs will come from email@example.com. Please ensure that you are able to receive emails from this address before submitting your proposal.
- We cannot accommodate requests to schedule your session at a particular date/time.