Welcome to the 2022 APA Annual Meeting Submission Site!
The 2022 APA Annual Meeting submission site is currently closed. The site will reopen to New Research poster submissions ONLY Tuesday, November 9, 2021. To view the status of a submission, please visit the Abstract Service Center
The theme for the 2022 APA Annual Meeting is “Social Determinants of Mental Health
.” The Scientific Program Committee encourages all submitters to keep this theme in mind while crafting their submissions.
As part of the submission process, all speakers will be asked to indicate if they would be willing to:
- present in-person, and/or
- include their poster in a virtual poster hall
Please indicate the options that work best for you when you submit your abstract for consideration. Your feedback will be helpful as APA considers formats for the meeting experience.
Click here for a video submission guide from the Scientific Program Committee
- The submission form will close promptly at 5:00 p.m. ET; no submissions will be allowed after this time
- All presenters/co-authors must attest to their participation in the proposal
- A single presenter/co-author cannot be listed on more than 5 submissions of any type, including a maximum of 2 posters—additional submissions beyond this limit may be rejected
- A poster cannot have more than 1 presenter and 4 co-authors
- Resident and medical student posters must be reviewed by a faculty mentor prior to submission
- All presenters attending the meeting must agree to pay the appropriate speaker registration fee
- The session format types have been revised. Please click here for more information on the new list of session formats
- References are required for all submissions
- Please note: Your submission will not be sent to grading by the Scientific Program Committee until all co-presenters/co-authors have completed their financial disclosure forms.
You will use your my.psychiatry.org username and password to log into the submission site. If you do not yet have a my.psychiatry.org account, you can create one here
. During the submission process, you will be asked to complete the following agreements:
- Financial Disclosure
- Presenter Release
- Registration Acknowledgement
Any co-authors on your submission will also need to have an active my.psychiatry.org account before you can add them to your proposal.
Important information for a successful submission:
- The submitted abstract(s) will be graded for the 2022 APA Annual Meeting, May 21-25, 2022, in New Orleans, LA.
- For guidelines and examples of abstracts, please click here.
- Acceptable browsers: Windows and MAC PCs: Google Chrome, Safari, Mozilla Firefox, Opera. Other browsers, including Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge, may be incompatible.
- Only the poster presenter will be able to submit. If you are submitting on behalf of the presenter, you will need to obtain his or her login credentials.
- Email correspondence with the Office of Scientific Programs will come from firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure that you are able to receive emails from this address before submitting your proposal.
- We cannot accommodate requests to schedule your poster at a particular date/time.